    >> had to use the shell to fdisk and repartion, then reboot and
    >> "use existing partitions" to fix it.

    p> you got
    p> 100 swap 490 / 410 /home

    p> what exactly would you do?

if the size leaves less than 600Mb, I scrap the idea of splitting the
/ and /home -- in the long run, it's far more trouble than it's worth.

For one thing, you end up having to move /tmp and /var into /home so
email, CUPS and other processing do not explode the volatile
directories.  Pretty soon, the drive is a jungle of symlinks moving
growing things out of / and into /home

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> TeleDynamics Communications Inc