On Wednesday 31 July 2002 12:25 pm, you wrote:
> Igor Izyumin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > 1. The network.img reports that it's for 8.2 and exits abnormally after
> > you tell it the IP addresses or tell it to use DHCP.  Using 3c59x.
>
> Ouch, you too? What is your hardware?
>
> > 4. Also, I think the user should be able to choose between quiet and
> > regular startup.  It is hard to troubleshoot errors and track down
> > booting slowdowns when they don't show up!
>
> Pixel, could sound nice, why not "linux-noquiet" instead of
> "linux-nonfb"?

Is easy to do with existing tools:

1.  To disable bootsplash, simply create a new section in lilo.conf which is
identical to the one with the label 'linux' and change the label to say
'nobootsplash',

2.  if you want to see the start up messages, just remove the quiet option in
the append line, again in lilo.conf.

just my 2 cents,

Dave