Pixel wrote:
> Juan Paolo Carballo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> can you have a look at console 3 and give more precise information
> about the pb?

Alt-F1 says: Entering step `Choose packages to install'

Alt-F3 at this point displays several lines that say it is reading
hdlists from cd 1
Then the screen scrolls too fast for me to read.
Then one line that says
* rebuilding rpm database
Then a screenful or more of "unknown package" lines.
The last two lines are:
* getFile Mandrake/base/compssUsers :
* selecting packages to upgrade

At this point, the cd light stops and the hdd has no activity as well.

----

Some good news.

It is interesting to note that I do not need to enter an "ide2" line at
kernel boot for the installation to see my PCMCIA cdrom.
And comparing Alt-F3 logs from my failed 8.2 install, I still see the
same failures when the installer checks for a disk at /dev/sda, which I
suspect should be a sony mem stick, (which I don't have).
Despite all this, the installation gets to the packages section and
seems to recover properly from not being able to read the partition
table at first.

This is a marked improvement from 8.2
Congratulations!

--

Paolo
There is a 3% difference in genetic material between us and apes.