On fredagen den 9 augusti 2002 05.07 Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le Vendredi 9 Août 2002 01:29, Oden Eriksson a écrit :
> > >
> > > Have a look at /usr/share/doc/rpm-%{version}/macros...
> >
> > Condensed "help" in this format without examples is useless for non
> > coders...
> >
> > Could you give an example?
>
> Unfortunatly not. I've never used such tricks myself, i just now *real*
> documentation for rpm is in /usr/share/doc and not in maximum-rpm...

Ok. I have another similar spec file problem... If you (or someone else) have
the time, please take a look at the latest webalizer spec file. The webalizer
is now providing localized binaries (a whole bunch of them), but in order to
make it possible using just *one* spec file I had to rename the built binary
as "/usr/bin/webalizer-the_lang" and do bad woodo magic in "%post the_lang".

I don't have a clue how to package the "/usr/bin/webalizer-the_lang" binary as
just "/usr/bin/webalizer" for each generated binary rpm.

Do you see the problem? Do you understand what I'm trying to do?

I guess It *would* be possible to generate (sub) spec files on-the-fly, and
have rpm spawn out and just package these... This is very complicated as you
also have to fool rpm itself because you will not have any src.rpm:s for the
out-spawned on-the-fly generated stuff... I'm scratching my head here...

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson
Deserve-IT Networks -> http://d-srv.com