Reinout van Schouwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As someone with a more-than-average interest in usability, I must frown on
> this. If your dialog doesnt fit in 640x480, then probably you need to
> redesign it... Furthermore there can be all kinds of reasons someone is
> running in 640x480, for instance when he has selected a wrong X server
> type.
>
> Of course, the idea that a window could be larger than the max visible
> area is completely silly and this shouldnt be possible at all!

contrary to what you believe, it's quite hard to make things work that
way. kde control center is another example of
not-fitting-on-small-displays.

this being said, most drakxtools do fit nicely in 640x480, it's only
the control center which has such pb since it tries to display many
things. A 640x480 mode to control center could be done, but we have
many other things to do before this :-/