huug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 2002-08-09, Thierry SAURA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > After installing this new package, I observe a strange behaviour of
> > the emacs window. When I launched emacs, the windows opens with
> > 85x46 geometry (Xdefaults) and at the end of the init stage, the
> > window switches to 85x43 geometry when the toobar disappears : in
> > /etc/emacs/site-start.el ...
>
> > ;; (pixel) Hide toolbar since it's not useful
> > (tool-bar-mode -1) ...
> >
> > When I open a new frame, the geometry is ok (85x46).
> >
> > I'm ok with the comment but how avoiding the resizing of the first
> > window ?
>
> I'm not: preferences belong in .emacs or your customisation file, not
> in site-start.el or X11/app-defaults. But to avoid the initial frame
> jumping about, just iconify it until you're done adjusting its
> parameters.

  The make-emacs-not-jump way to get rid of the toolbar is to put that
  in the Xdefaults and not in the .emacs

  Pixel: I like to get rid of the toolbar (I agree it's useless),
  but...could it be done in the Xdefaults? what I use is:

  Emacs.ToolBar: 0
  Emacs.MenuBar: 0

  Yes, I also get rid of the menubar :)

  Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.       -- Donald B. Marti Jr.