On 10 Aug 2002 22:26:25 +0200
Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > echo "alias /dev/nvidia* NVdriver" >> /etc/modules.conf
>
> well make it
>
> echo "alias /dev/nvidia* NVdriver" >> /etc/modules.devfs
>
> uh?

good point, there was a long discussion about that over at aolm and we
decided to lobby nvidia for the entry in /etc/modules.conf because
modules.devfs might be overwritten at update, don't if that changed but
I do remember the warning message stating this in modules.conf

> since for no-devfs, it's already there:
>
> % modprobe -c | grep -i NVdriver
> alias char-major-195 NVdriver

anyway, the nvidia install script again has a typo, see my other post,
that causes the entry in rc.modules

if the typo is mended, the script will write the line to modules.conf

- Mark