All of /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/* will crash with segmentation
violations if they are called with -fps parameter.  Some (glpanet,
glsnake, molecule, and spheremonics) crash with {any|no} parameters.
stonerview does not crash with -fps as it does not accept the option.
Otherwise, all of the modules run nicely with other options.

At least some of the gl modules do not crash with the -fps parameter
as long as the dri module is not loaded on X startup.  I have only
tried it with glforestfire, gears, and engine.

My system is dual P-3 machine on DVD266, the chipset requires agpgart
using agp_try_unsupported=1, but this has never been a problm before.
Video card is Radeon 64MB DDR.  Relevant (as perceived by me) Packages:

XFree86-4.2.0-17mdk
xscreensaver-gl-4.05-2mdk
kernel-enterprise-2.4.19.1mdk-1-1mdk

I will provide any other information as requested.

-Chuck

--
  \  Sitting in his UNIX LAN  \          Charles A. Shirley         \