Christoffer Olsen wrote:
 > I think you should rather address this to the creators of irssi. They
 > are the ones who will have to fix it.

Before contacting them it would be nice to locate the source of the problem.
I hadn't used irssi for a few months so I didn't know if the problem came from

* lun aoû 05 2002 Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0.8.5-3mdk

- rebuild for perl thread-multi

* mar jui 09 2002 Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0.8.5-2mdk

- rebuild for perl 5.8.0

Or if it was older. That was why I posted here.

I just ran gdb and it happens in  "perl_core_init ()".
Now I'm sure of the origin of the problem :)