comment out lines 45 to 47 in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/wan/Config.in
to remedy this problem.
also in another file you have to do the same thing but i forget which one it
is. in that file there is only one line you will find it by the error listed
in the make xconfig.
There are simple problems with this kernel-source that should have been fixed.
I am not sure why this one was released as it is.