Tonights results:

It is looking really good, all previous issues seem to be resolved except,

1.  After completing a manual GUI install, the generated auto_inst.cfg file
has the following for the 'X' declaration:

       'X' => {
                'bios_vga_mode' => undef,
                'resolution_wanted' => 1024,
                'monitor' => {
                               'HorizSync' => '30-54',
                               'VideoRam_probed' => '8192',
                               'size' => '14.88',
                               'ModelName' => 'AOC SPECTRUM 5Elr & 5ElrA & 5E & 5EA',
                               'VendorName' => 'Plug\'n Play',
                               'manually_chosen' => 1,
                               'Identifier' => 'monitor1',
                               'EISA_ID' => 'aocd556',
                               'VertRefresh' => '50-120',
                               'dpms' => '1'
                             },
                'default_depth' => 24
              },

After completing an auto install using the above declaration, the generated
file contains the following:

       'X' => {
                'bios_vga_mode' => undef,
                'resolution_wanted' => undef,
                'monitor' => {
                               'HorizSync' => '30-54',
                               'VideoRam_probed' => '8192',
                               'size' => '14.88',
                               'ModelName' => 'AOC SPECTRUM 5Elr & 5ElrA & 5E & 5EA',
                               'VendorName' => 'Plug\'n Play',
                               'manually_chosen' => 1,
                               'Identifier' => 'monitor1',
                               'EISA_ID' => 'aocd556',
                               'VertRefresh' => '50-120',
                               'dpms' => '1'
                             },
                'default_depth' => undef
              },

Generating an Replay diskette with above results in the wrong depth and
resolution being used.

However, if I use the following, I get the proper resolution and depth:

      'X' => {
                'resolution_wanted' => '1024x768',
                'default_depth' => 24
              },

2.  Tried out the RAID capability added to auto install but,

a) watched console 3 and saw that the defined partitions were created for
raid type and that the raid volume was formated ok.

b) on reboot, I get a kernel panic with messages as follows:
Uncompressing Linux ....  Ok, booting the kernel
md: md0: raid array is not clean -- starting background reconstruction
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k md-personality-3, errno = 2
md: personality 3 is not loaded
md: md0: raid array is not clean -- starting background reconstruction
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed:2
Kernel panic: No init found ....

The following is the 'partitions' that I used:
       'partitions' => [
 {
   'mntpoint' => '/boot',
   'type' => 1155,
   'size' => 96390
 },
 {
   'mntpoint' => 'swap',
   'type' => 130,
   'size' => 578277
 },
 {
  'mntpoint' => 'raid_a',
  'size' => 1000 << 11,
  'type' => 0xfd,
  'ratio' => 1
 },
 {
  'mntpoint' => 'raid_b',
  'size' => 1000 << 11,
  'type' => 0xfd,
  'ratio' => 1
},
 {
  'mntpoint' => '/home',
  'type' => 0x483,
  'hd' => 'md0',
  'level' => 1,
  'parts' => 'raid_a raid_b'
 },
 {
   'mntpoint' => '/',
   'type' => 1155,
   'size' => 775029,
   'ratio' => 100
 }
      ],

Funny thing is I can use the GUI to create the same raid volume and after
reboot everything starts.  Although I do get the unclean message.

c) using the GUI, when the 'partitions' is placed in the auto_inst.cfg file,
the raid information is missing.  So the file can not be used to recreate the
install.

more later ....

Dave