"Liam R. E. Quin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [1] When I started the new rpmdrake I got a message,
>
> Could not find /var/lib/urpmi/compssUsers.flat,
> the installer should have generated it fo me :-(
>
> Disabling "Mandrake choices" classification.

It should be definitively fixed with upcoming 2.0-6mdk, whether
the file is here, no more, was removed or whatever.

I sucked at first release regarding this file (disclaimer: I
sucked because I tried to fix suckness of previous rpmdrake - my
own suckness was to not be able to fix previous suckness once and
for all).

> [2] I found out how to see the list of packages I can upgrade --
>     "by presence"
>     might be clearer in English I think if it said
>     "show only installed packages"

It's now renamed to "by update availability" which is fairly
better than "by presence" (latest version).

> [3] I used to be able to see installed packages sorted by source.
>     This was *really* useful.
>     Can I still do that?

Latest version, "sort by source repository".

> [4] if the checkbox could be at the left of the name instead of the
>     right, you'd see it even if the widest package name was wider than
>     the sub-window listing packages.

There are hardcoded sizes so that the box must never disappear.

>     If you don't do this, *please* make it clearer which box goes with
>     which item - they are too far apart for me to be certain I'm
>     clicking on the right thing without selecting one. Also note that if
>     I make a selection, the blue is dark enough that I can't see the
>     checkbox any more, and yet I also can't easily read the white text.
>     A pastel blue or yellow would probably be better.

Hum, are you colourblind or something?

> [5] the summary at the bottom says Total 11 / 455M, does that mean I am
>    going to download 11 packaegs with a total of 455 megabytes?
>     A more verbose label might be good here.

Current one should be better though an even better one might be
discovered sooner or later.

> [6] I like the "install" button. the old "install/uninstall" was a bit
>    unsettling!

Glad to see that some people enjoy our efforts! :-)

> [7] It says what package it is downloading now, this is a *big*
>     improvement! Maybe it could say, in some future version :-)
>     Downloading package 3 of 6:
>                    file: vim-common-6-1-17mdk.i586.rpm
>                    from: source-name
>     and have a cancel button?

Currently it says "3/6" which is good. A cancel button might be
good, I'll see/try when I have time.

>     The URL should be copy/pastable text!

This seems minor to me :-).

> [8] it crashed
> Attempt to free unreferenced scalar during global destruction.
> Attempt to free unreferenced scalar during global destruction.
> Attempt to free unreferenced scalar during global destruction.

It didn't actually crashed, it exited after package installation,
and perl-GTK cleaning is producing these messages.

> It looks like it installed the packages and then just went away?!?!?!?!?
> did it install all of them? how do I tell? What if it uninstalled some
> packages in order to satisfy dependencies?  What if it installed extra
> packages?

Like previous "grpmi" version, when there is no problem there is
nothing reported.

With current rpmdrake version, after installation you're back to
the main rpmdrake window so it might be less awkwark.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/