Menno Vanderlist wrote on Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 09:00:50AM -0600 :
> Hi There,
>
> I know this is not the place to ask the question, but I just want to

You are correct.  The place to ask this question is in the Mandrake
Expert mailing list.  This is the Mandrake Cooker mailing list which is
where development for the next version of Mandrake takes place (and the
next version is very soon).

> know what I have to do by the network configuration of mandrake.
> I've got two NIC with the following wanted configuration:
> Eth0: my internal interface
> IP: 192.168.1.1
> NETMASK: 255.255.255.0
> Eth1: my external interface
> IP: 192.168.0.150
> NETMASK: 255.255.255.0
> My gateway is 192.168.0.1
> Then it asks me which is my gateway device. Which one must I select. I'm
> planning op building a 8.2 SNF. Anyone, knows the answer??

It's asking you "When this machine needs to talk to the outside world,
what is the gateway (192.168.0.1) and what device is connected to that
gateway (eth1)?"

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because