On August 20, 2002 09:30 am, John Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 10:53, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> > "J.A. Magallon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Hi all...
> > >
> > > rpmdrake fills /var/tmp (or /usr/tmp, in my box are symlinked), with
> > > temporary files not removed:
> >
> > i could not reproduce by starting rpmdrake, searching for frozen,
> > installing frozen-bubble, nor by sorting by update availability
> > and installing 19 updated packages.
> >
> > any method to reproduce?
> >
> > --
> > Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/
>
> I'm seeing the same problem.Initially caused my root partition to run
> out of space. I had to created a symlink between /var/tmp and /usr/tmp
> to get around this problem.
>
> Here's a snapshot of my /usr/tmp directory. Notice the timestamps which
> represents the various times I ran rpmdrake:
>
> >Snip<<

I'm still getting the rpm.tmp files practically for every downloaded package
via grpmi. I just checked my var/temp when I came across the above postings
and found that I had over 700 tmp files for a total of 1.2 GB of disk space.
I flushed the directory and began some updates while monitoring the var/tmp
folder. Practically every package that grpmi downloads generates a tmp file
which doesn't ever get cleaned out. Watching the var/cache/urpmi folder shows
downoaded packages appearing and get cleaned away properly. During the
upgrades, after download but before installation, I can clear out the var/tmp
directory with no ill side effects.
I have been running rpmdrake from konsole because as I've mentioned in a
overload quite quickly. I don't appear to have these problems while running
rpmdrake, just the constant creation of the tmp files.