I extracted pppoatm patches for ppp-2.4.1 from Suse rpm, but i'm facing
troubles applying them to ppp sources. Neither the original patch, nor the
regenerated one with diff -Naur, work:
Patch #12 (ppp-2.4.1-pppoe.patch.bz2):
+ /usr/bin/bzip2 -d
+ patch -p1 -s
pppd/plugins/Makefile.linux.rej
1 out of 52 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file pppd/sys-linux.c.rej
error: Bad exit status from /home/guillaume/rpm/tmp/rpm-tmp.70934 (%prep)

The reject file doesnt bring much information. I suspect some black magic (aka
hidden characters) hide in the shadow, but i can't find where.
The second failure is quite curious too, as it is a zero-change, and only the
second of two such hunks fails. However, it is easy to fix by removing it.

I'm joining the regenerated patch attached. Any help welcome
--
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html