On Monday 26 August 2002 05:21, Florin wrote:
>I'm surprised to notice that you didn't succeed in configuring Shorewall.
>It's really a piece of cake. Maybe the problem is that the firewall
>approach is a bit different and has several (more logical, if you ask me)
>configuration files ...

I think, perhaps, the multiple configuration files are part of the
problem.  "Wait, which file to put this in?" or "I have many changes
to make to the firewall, but that means making sure all of the
configuration files are consistent, what a pain!"  And the syntax of
the files seems obscure to me, whereas I always thought the Bastille
syntax was simple.  Again, it is largely me resisting strongly
bcoming a networking expert.  I know I need the computers inside to
be able to reach out, and the computers outside to not be able to
reach in, and I have one computer in the middle to do the job.

-Chuck

--
  \  Sitting in his UNIX LAN  \         Charles A. Shirley       \