During install, a ~3 yr old video card that I *thought* was an ATI 3D
Rage was detected as a Mach64 ATI Utah.  This may or may not be a
problem (I don't know what a Utah is).  I allowed the selection and the
video seems to work OK.

I had previously reported that (b2/b3) generic monitor detection for
this laptop selected 1024x768 @ 70Hz, but then followed with a color
depth and resolution prompt that initialized as 640x480.  In b4,
1024x768 @70Hz is still detected, although  the list now contains
entries for Flat Panel 1024x768 as well (not sure if this is a bug or
not, since both seem to work).  However, the color depth and resolution
now comes up initialized to 800x600.  I would have expected it to come
up initialized to the resolution selected during monitor detection
(1024x768).

Install with this video card *does* ask me if I want to test.  However,
the test screen of penguin wallpaper has been replaced with a screen
full of vertical color bands.  It was not at all clear to me that the
test results were correct, and in fact I went back and forth several
times trying different options.  The installed system video worked fine
when booted, so if the vertical bands are indeed an indication that the
test worked, the "did it work" prompt ought to describe what you ought
to be seeing.  At least with the penguins, it was pretty obvious that
you wouldn't be seeing those nice clean crisp images if the video were
screwed up.