On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 19:36, Denis Pelletier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> xmms is always crashing after playing one or two mp3's/files. I'm using the
> alsa 0.9 plugin. Starting xmms from the command line I get:
>
> [dpel@xcrde13 dpel]$ soundwrapper xmms
> ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:791:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed: Device
> or resource busy
> xmms: pcm_params.c:2136: snd_pcm_hw_refine: Assertion `pcm && params' failed.
> /usr/bin/soundwrapper: line 11:  9732 Aborted                 "$@"

Yes, I had the same problem when I started xmms when arts was running,
and thus blocking the sound output. Soundwrapper apparently works only
if you use OSS (or alsa's OSS emulation). The solution I have found is
putting the timeout of arts (look in kcontrol) to 10 seconds, so there's
less chance that arts is blocking the output.

Frederik Himpe

--
http://users.telenet.be/fhimpe/