In my previous reports, I've written that many important packages
haven't been installed in the system.

I forgot about one event during the installation: at the moment when
installer asked for "disc 3 Mandrake Linux 9.0 beta 4 International CD
(x86)", I've inserted CD3, but installer refused to read it - it kept
asking for that CD. So after trying to feed it with all 3 of those
installation CDs, I've given up and clicked "Cancel".

Installer proceeded with system configuration, but apparently it might
not finalize some RPM transactions that involved important packages
(like libqt3 or libarts).

Is my theory correct? Can installer really not gracefully recover from
the situation when the user cancels installation from the last CD (it
should contain unimportant packages, right?)?

Best Regards,
--
      Olo
          GG#: 274614