It's too late for 9.0, but I threw together a small srpm of an app that
I found that fits perfectly into IceWM.  The only thing that I have ever
missed about IceWM was the lack of a run dialog (Alt-F2 in KDE for
example).  There is a keybinding for it, but it never worked.  I didn't
realize until last night that the reason is that the keybinding is
simply a run dialog hook.  It doesn't come with its own program to do
this, it must be added by the user (and run icepref to add it into
~/.icewm/preferences).

So asking around on IRC last night, Grimau pointed me to grun.  This app
hasn't been worked on since 1999.  It compiles just fine.  I found an
older srpm and Mandrakeized it.  If anybody cares to look it over and
submit it as an official package (or possibly hack it into icewm, though
I think that would be a better job for the icewm maintainers), it's
available at http://downloads.mrball.net/Mandrake/8.2/

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because