    B> Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
    >> This same issue came up for Mozilla 1.0

    B> How so? There are RPMs un unsupported, and I also had some up
    B> pretty early at http://ranger.dnslias.com/mandrake/mandrake8.2

According to the Cooker archives, the request came first, then your
files were announced and I'm not certain when the unsupported files
appeared but it was some time after that.

I'd checked unsupported and noticed there were only the 1.0 (rc3?)
files so I just wondered if there were plans to update those.

    >> -- is there an archive anywhere with Mozilla 1.1 compiled as an
    >> upgrade for Mandrake 8.2 systems?

    B> But, Mozilla will break galeon, and probably nautilus also
    B> ... so give us some time.

I wouldn't miss either, but I understand your dilemma -- I was just
curious if a mozilla upgrade for 8.2 was on anyone's todo list.

    B> Now that I have Gnome2 (thanks to the Mandrake Club who rebuilt
    B> Fred's RPMs for 8.2 in /opt/gnome2), I might consider keeping
    B> my 8.2 install (as it has KDE3.0.3, KDE2.2.2, Gnome1.4 and
    B> Gnome2.0!)

I know the feeling; 8.2 is so near to perfect for my purposes that I'm
frightened of any jump to an X.zero edition.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> TeleDynamics Communications Inc
 Business Advantage through Community Software : http://www.teledyn.com