From: "Jure Repinc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Jure Repinc wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I get this message when booting Mandrake:
> >>
> >> kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
> >>
> >> I get this on two computers and both have SCSI adpaters in it.
> >

> > The problem still exists in Mandrake 9.0 Beta 4.
>
> The problem is still here in 9.0 RC1.

Same problem here.
If I change /etc/modules by removing the 'scsi_hostadapter',
and adding 'aic7xxx'(wich is my host controller...(Adaptec7880)
the same error appears, but instead of 'scsi_hostadapter' it
complains about 'char-major-8'...

There seems also to be a dev / devfsd bug that is affected by this...
When booting 'linux-secure devfs=mount' it ends with 'kernel panic,
unable to mount root on 801 or 08:01...' (after the kmod error)

When booting 'linux-secure devfs=nomount', it still complains about
kmod error, but the system still boots up just fine...

When booting standard linux (no '-secure'), it does not matter
wheter I use 'devfs=mount' or 'devfs=nomount', it still complains
about kmod error, but the system still boots up just fine...

Thomas

*** Tämä viesti on VirusTarkistettu INRITEL OY:n postipalvelimella!! ***