Hi Thierry,

I just reread the mail, and saw some misunderstanding
on my side, so I want to add something to my previous
comment...

> > Also I had no luck recording with xawtv itself, but that might be
> > the saa7134 driver. (the only program recording correctly for my tv
> > card (i.e. with correct synchronised sound) is avicap from
> > avifile-samples).
>
> you confirm saa7134 works fine ?

Yes, watching TV works fine with xawtv itself and kwintv,
haven't tested zapping but that should work, too. Some
programs insisting on bttv do not work or not very well
(there is some bttv emulation layer in the driver as
far as I have seen (AFAIHS ? ;)

Recording makes some troubles, f.e. ffmpeg does record
but sound is shifted sometimes and does sound really
bad. motv might work, but that is buggy, the best one is
still avicap. I just tried again kwintv, but it seems
there are some trouble (can't select any device):
WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol config_haze (and config_xv)
I have recompiled kwintv on beta4 as gcc/glibc was updated...

I just tried zapping and got the following error:
Security Warning: driver /dev/vbi0 (saa7134[0]) semms to
mmap physical memory uncleared. Please contact the driver
author.

Seems to be a bug in the driver ;)

> have you tested setting some parameters while installing (tv button in
> summary window) ?

That was already answered. I downloaded current drakx yesterday and
will try that one.

> i would like to have reports on that.

If I have more luck with the new kernel I'll post it here.

Regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: Pertergrin, a role playing game system