-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 8:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Cooker] 9b1->9b4 upgrade ; prism2_cs

So I fell for the oldest trick in the book: I pushed the shiny
"upgrade" button instead of "install." It didn't work. Surprise!

I was upgrading from 9b1 to 9b4. Things seemed to go smoothly until I
got to the "preparing bootloader" stage... I started getting error
dialogs. The error console said this:

mkinitrd failed at /usr/bin/perl-install/bootloader.pm line 64.

Then it tried to install lilo but failed presumably due to not finding
the initrd file.

died at /usr/bin/perl-install/bootloader.pm line 1092, <> line 7.

At this point it went into an infinite loop of retries. I hit the
reset switch but of course the system was not bootable. So I did a
fresh install, and that seems to have gone smoothly.

[cut here] 8<

I was glad to see the prism2_cs driver has made it into the kernel
package. Of course the next step is to make drakconnect know what to
do with these cards. Is there anyone working on this? If not, is there
a design document for drakconnect, or do I get to figure it out from
the source code? No promises about timing, but I would like to see
this working "for real" in 9.0 even though I know how to set up the
cards by hand.

One thing which seems pretty clear is that we'll need the wlanctl
program and some other pieces of linux-wlan-ng. It looks like wlanctl
is included in the mkinitrd-net package, installed to a non-standard
location... either it should be split out separately into and rpm
installing to /sbin, or drakconnect will need to install mkinitrd-net
and make soft links or something. Thoughts?

--
Aaron Peromsik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ----[For thinner oatmeal, add more
water.]
| Skier: One who pays an arm and a leg for the opportunity to break them.
----------------------------------------[For thicker oatmeal, add less
water.]