Gabriel Phoenix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have about 30 core dumps and when I check with gdb I get all the same
> error, I have one or two dumps from other programs but most report this
> error.

Could I get an ssh access to your machine, to try and fix?

> Core was generated by `/usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/grpmi
> ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrake-devel/cooke'.
>
> The actually ftp address is...
>
> ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrake-devel/cooker/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS
>
> Is this just the message being truncated?

I think it's truncated by gdb or the core. Check your logs, I bet
the URL is correct.

> Or is grmpi assuming there is an active connection? Because I turn my
> DSL connection on only when I am using it.

I don't quite get your problem but yes grpmi needs an active
connection when you try to connect through FTP, of course :-).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/