Pixel wrote:

>Your previous pb came from the bad upgrade of dev from beta3 to beta4.
>
>I don't understand what's happening now, especially the pb "could not
>find any device /dev/loop#" since you seem to have them
>(based on
>http://olo.office.altkom.com.pl/domowa/qa/mandrake/9.0/rc1/upgrade_beta4-rc1/attempt2/mkinitrd_manual_log,
>which seems partly broken: some "....." at weird places)
>
>If you could find out what's wrong exactly with your loopback devices
>(using losetup, eg: losetup /dev/loop0)

Hmm, I've just done an upgrade on a different machine from 8.2 (fully
updated) to 9.0 rc1 and there was no problem with mkinitrd.

So probably that was caused by interrupted installation this time (power
shortages be damned).

Just to verify it, what packages are involved in generating mkinitrd
during install? (dev, mkinitrd, what else?)
When I get to that machine where I've originally spotted the mkinintrd
error in RC1, I'll see what versions of those packages actually are
there (maybe some were left from beta4?), and then try to clean it,
install 8.2 from scratch, update it and uprgade to RC1.

--
    Olo
        GG#: 274614