mandrakeexpert incident 31104 forwarded to cooker.

'killme23' has no email address in the mandrakeexpert database

----quoted text below----

 killme23 : 05/09 06:41 : Incident created Mandrake Linux 9.0
beta1, no personal response required

INSTALLATION PROBLEMS BEFORE SUCCESSFUL LOADING OF OS
(STARTX) FOR FIRST TIME.

Installation from hard drive: Using hd.img boot floppy from
9.0rc1-CD1, worked most of the way through a "recomended"
installation. 9.0rc1-CD2 and 3 also present in same
directory. Custom partitioning of free space into "/" "swap"
and "/home". After selecting GNOME and KDE packages only (no
workstation, internet, etc...) installation proceded for
~5min. Error occured on file, name not recalled, but think it
had a "586" in it.

Installation from 9.0rc1-CD1 cd only. "recomended"
installation proceded to the end. Printer tested true,
monitor displayed test image true. Updated mandrake in final
step (note, I usually update in the final step of 8.2 but
this was the first time I saw a "choose server" dialog.)

reboot to linux through lilo: no graphical interface loaded :
given command prompt ending in "$". Typed "startx", error
prevented startx from completing.

-----end quoted text-----

--
Alan