I haven't been able to launch Gnome on Betas 1-4, or
RC1.  KDE works fine. Both Gnome and KDE worked fine
in 8.2 on this system.  This is for various install
choices, including using the Simple/ with all the
default choices. Betas 1-4 would leave me with a blue
screen with locked up mouse pointer. RC1 gives me the
same thing except for the Gnome spash.  Again KDE
doesn't do this.  My system specs are below.  Is this
a Matrox issue?  Just a newby trying to help out, I
really don't need a reply, but will provide more info
if nessesary- -AkBrian
My Linux Box
--------------------
Epox 7KXA November 13, 2001 bios
AMD 700 slot A processer
3x128 inferion SDR 133 cas2 memory
20g ata66 WD or IBM installed in mobile rack -seperate
HD for betas:)
Matrox G400Max Dualhead AGP
HP 9300i CDRW
Samsung SD616 16/48 DVD
2- CTX PL9 crt monitors
D-Link DKVM-4 KVM switch
MS intellimouse optic (installed as generic wheel
mouse)
Netgear 10/100 NIC
Canon BJC6000 inkjet on
-Hawking Printserver (tcp/ip)
Hawking internet connection server (tcp/ip)