On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 10:30, Pixel wrote:
> David Walluck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I use XFS for my root filesystem.
> >
> > After the installation, mkinitrd fails, so that obviously the kernel fails to
> > mount the XFS root filesystem. Unfortunately I can't find any errors being
> > reported by mkinitrd.
> >
> > Right now when I try to use a rescue RAM disk and run the system that way, it
> > tells me that the RAM disk image is too large.
> >
> > My major questions are:
> >
> > 1.) Does mkinitrd ever report any descriptive errors?
>
> the interesting information is in /tmp/ddebug.log during install, and
> in /root/drakx/ddebug.log after install

I faced a similar problem with RC1. My disk has reiserfs partitions. Everything is
recognized during the install, but the machine fails to reboot for lack of reiserfs
module in the initrd.

I fortunately had an old kernel (and associated initrd) still on the
machine so I could boot with it, uninstall the new kernel and install it
again.

report.bug.gz attached.

Thanks,
--