On Monday, September 9, 2002, at 05:17 PM, David Walluck wrote:

> It looks like this user needs to exist in order for sshd to be able to
> run, but it is never created during the install.

You're doing a fresh install or an upgrade?

If you look at "rpm -q --scripts openssh-server" you will see that it
is calling add-user and del-user to add/remove the sshd user.  I have
it here on my cooker box (but it was running cooker before the beta
cycle started).

In a few hours I'll have RC2 downloaded and intend on doing a test
8.2->9.0RC2 upgrade, so I'll see if the problem is apparent there.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx - source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"