Byron Poland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 21:24, Vox wrote:
> > "Luis M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > you can always add the cooker's contrib/i586 RPM link from your
> > > favorite FTP server :-)
> >
> >   Problem with that is that it doesn't have the hdlist anywhere in the
> >   contrib tree, which means urpmi doesn't like it one bit...otherwise,
> >   I wouldn't have asked for urpmi support for it :)
> >
> >   Vox
>
> The thing is, it does have an hdlist.  look:
>
> [byron@icculus base]$ ls -l hd*
> -rw-r--r--    1 byron    byron     6275177 Sep  8 05:33 hdlist2.cz
> -rw-r--r--    1 byron    byron    14908406 Sep  8 05:32 hdlist.cz
>

> hdlist2.cz is the hdlist for contrib
>
> I sent this in last week:
> If the symbolic link is set up correctly on the server you can do:
>
> uprmi.addmedia contrib ftp://PATH_TO/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2 with
> ../base/hdlist2.cz
>
> this will give you access to contribs with urpmi/rpmdrake.  (at least
> for me it works great)

  Damn! never knew that :( Thanks for lighting a fuse in my dimness :)

  Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.       -- Donald B. Marti Jr.