Alan Shoemaker wrote on Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 02:14:07PM -0700 :

> ----quoted text below----
>
>  free-rider-ba : 09/09 09:55 : Incident created     I am
> submitting a bug report for RC1.
>
> I have a Tohsiba 1555CDS laptop, the latest version of
> Mandrake (9.0, starting with Beta 1 through RC1) has a
> problem with PCMCIA support on my laptop. Upon boot (after
> installing), the system hangs at the PCMCIA initiation. I
> determined that the default bios settings of "auto" do not
> work. I have to manually set my bios for "CardBus/16bit"
> support for the PCMCIA system. With this setting, Mandrake
> 9.0 loads and works successfully. However, only for 32bit
> (CardBus) cards. If I try to plug in any 16 bit cards, the
> system hangs.

I experienced the same problem with a Toshiba 720CDT all the way back to
Mandrake 8.0 (and RedHat 6.2).  You could not set it to Auto, you had to
set it manually.

I have only 32 bit cards, so I did not ever try a 16 bit card.  I have
since given that laptop away, so I do not have the ability to test at
the moment.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because