On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 05:35, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If all that sounds like too much work, you could also try again with
> orinoco_cs as described in a recent posting. Just replace wvlan_cs
> with orinoco_cs in /etc/pcmcia/config and run drakconnect. I'm not
> sure whether orinoco_cs supports WEP, though.

It does, and well picked up on the wvlan_cs point - I hope mdk stops
pointing cards at this driver soon, it's outdated. orinoco does WEP
fine, but I have problems with receiving data at high speed using it
(internet usage, over an ADSL link, is fine, but trying to download
files from another machine on a local network tends to cause the link to
die. The orinoco author knows about tons of these problems and is trying
to fix, but he finds it a bit tricky, it seems. I may try prism2_cs once
mdk supports it a bit better...)
--
adamw