Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Felix Miata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> > > upgrade to mkbootdisk-1.4.5-3mdk and syslinux-1.76-2mdk and see
> > > the bootdisk creation problem fixed.

> > Sure doesn't look that way to me on RC2:

> > # mkbootdisk vmlinuz
> > /lib/modules/vmlinuz is not a directory.

> > I tried several other mkbootdisk options, but all generated error
> > messages instead of a boot disk.

> And what about a little "man mkbootdisk"? In 1 minute you get
> the solution.

That was the first thing I did. If the answer is there it is invisible.
As is usual in man pages, there is no example provided. The only
mandatory command line items are the command itself and the <kernel>,
the latter of which I can only assume to mean the same thing as in
/boot/grub/menu.lst, vmlinuz. version is optional. noprompt is optional.
verbose is optional. mkinitrdargs <args> is optional. device
<devicefile> is optional. compact is optional. I have no idea why it
tries to access directory /lib/modules/vmlinuz.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                        Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/