this is what i get if i type in iptables -L and for grep...
p.s. i use drakxconf-45

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 11:23, Florin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> this is the standard procedure:
> 1. configure your internet connection with draknet
> 2. configure your internet access with draknet
> 3. configure your security or internet sharing
> 4. try if it works
> 5. grep -v ^# /etc/shorewall/{zones,interfaces,policy,masq,rules} |grep -v
> ^$
>
> and send us the output
>
> 6. with the sharing connection enabled, can you ping a real web IP address ?
> In that case the you have name resolution problem.
>
> 7. server named status on firewall
> 8. cat /erc/resolv.conf on the client side
> 9. route -n on the client side
> cheers,
>

> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Randy Welch) writes:
>
> > Victor Pelt wrote:
> > > same thing happened to me, shorewall configures my firewall in such a way that
> > > nothing gets though from my computer
> > > iptables -F;iptables -X;iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT;iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT;
> > > works as well to fix it, only i DO want some kind of firewall, but i want one
> > > that i can use myself
> >
> > shorewall by default with mandrake pretty much locks the whole machine
> > down.  You have to clear it (/etc/init.d/shorewall clear) then tweak it
> > to do what you want.
> >
> > -randy
> >

> --
> Florin                        http://www.mandrakesoft.com
>                       http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~florin/

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ppp0_in    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
eth0_in    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 100/sec burst
20 LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:INPUT:REJECT:'
reject     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
ppp0_fwd   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
eth0_fwd   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 100/sec burst
20 LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:FORWARD:REJECT:'
reject     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           state
NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED
fw2net     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 100/sec burst
20 LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:OUTPUT:REJECT:'
reject     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain all2all (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp
flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 100/sec burst
20 LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:all2all:REJECT:'
reject     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain common (5 references)
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp echo-request
icmpdef    icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state INVALID
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp
dpts:netbios-ns:netbios-ssn reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:microsoft-ds
reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
reject     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:epmap
DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:ssdp
DROP       all  --  anywhere             255.255.255.255
DROP       all  --  anywhere             224.0.0.0/4
reject     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:ident
DROP       all  --  anywhere             10.0.0.255

Chain dynamic (4 references)

Chain eth0_fwd (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
masq2net   all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain eth0_in (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp echo-request
masq2fw    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain fw2net (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp
flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain icmpdef (1 references)

Chain masq2fw (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp
flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:bootps
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:bootps
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain masq2net (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp
flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain net2all (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp
flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 100/sec burst
20 LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:net2all:DROP:'
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain newnotsyn (5 references)
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain ppp0_fwd (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
net2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain ppp0_in (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp echo-request
net2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain reject (6 references)
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with tcp-reset
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

Chain shorewall (0 references)
/etc/shorewall/zones:net        Net     Internet zone
/etc/shorewall/zones:masq       Masquerade      Masquerade Local
/etc/shorewall/interfaces:net   ppp0    detect
/etc/shorewall/interfaces:masq  eth0    detect
/etc/shorewall/policy:masq      net     ACCEPT
/etc/shorewall/policy:fw        net     ACCEPT
/etc/shorewall/policy:net       all     DROP    info
/etc/shorewall/policy:all       all     REJECT  info
/etc/shorewall/masq:ppp0        10.0.0.0/24
/etc/shorewall/rules:ACCEPT     masq    fw      tcp     domain,bootps   -
/etc/shorewall/rules:ACCEPT     masq    fw      udp     domain,bootps   -