On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 10:34:01AM +0200, Thierry Vignaud wrote:

> > Hmm, i can't confirm that. We've used Mandrake with a lot of
> > different hardware since 1999 and no freezes with pnp
> > hardwaredetection.
> it does on *some* boxes

How much are "some"? How much has to be "some", before it becomes "good" or
"bad"?

> if some people're ok to test, i can do something once we unfreeze to
> detect isapnp cards.

Why not asking the user during installation, if he wants to do an isapnp
hardwaredetection (with a little note, that the system possibly can freeze)?

--
Und Tschüss.
Stefan

### Kilroy was here ###  4827  10:40am  up 142 days