On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 09:15:10AM +0100, Alastair Scott wrote:
> Mine is a brand new Clie (T675), and my previous one (T425) had similar
> problems. I get the feeling there are minor differences between the
> manufacturers (if you look at the PalmOS software version numbers, most
> have a "S" at the end for Sony) and Linux hasn't caught up with these
> yet ...

Possible but I think it's unlikely.  The HotSync protocol really ought
to be the same no matter what manufacturer you are using.  Most of the
differences in the OS are just changes in front end interface and
support for different hardware.  In the case of the Clie it's the wheel
and the memory sticks that is different from most other Palm hardware...

That said however it is possible that everyone didn't agree on a USB
standard and that Handspring just did their own thing.  The module that
supports the USB sync is called the visor module...

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

Never take no as an answer from someone who isn't authorized to say yes.