RC3: Just before installing the bootloader, the installer got stuck in a
loop, it kept asking for installation cd 1, I put it in, it ejected it and
asked for it again. We argued like this for a while, I tried to put all 3
of the CDs in several times and I ended up having to hit cancel.

Things went downhill from there, and I ended up having to reboot.
The short story is that I received messages about:
1) "mkinitrd failed"
2) "isa ??? failed" in drakx
3) "no loopback found" or something similar to that. That's when I had no
option but to reboot.

I copied the logs from /root/drakx/, they are accessible at:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~narfi/9.0RC3failure/ddebug.log.gz
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~narfi/9.0RC3failure/install.log.gz
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~narfi/9.0RC3failure/report.bug.gz
 and will stay there until 9.0 is released

Something similar happened to me in one setup of RC2, but I tried to
reproduce it, but couldn't and I lost the /root/drakx/* files from the
failed installation.

Narfi.