cooker,
i have a 400MHz dell optiplex using the standard MB
video and have had 8.2 running fine for several
months. last night i installed 9.0-rc2 into another
partition and could not get the video card to test out
correctly either in the install or thru XFdrake - (i
have enclosed my /proc/pci file and a .tgz with
"works"(8.2) and "noworks"(9.0rc2) directories which
contain the XF86Config and XF86Config-4 files from
/etc/X11). after a long time trying to get it to work,
i mounted my 8.2 partition and copied over its
/etc/X11/XF86Config and its up and running now.
thanks, -sean

=====
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sean Harre