I tried copying /usr/bin/expr to /bin and it worked like a charm.   FYI my usb mouse wasn't working at all after installation.  I use a logitech usb wheel mouse.  Every boot of RC3 would echo "/dev/usbmouse don't exist" and I finally had to just use the ps2 adaptor and configure my mouse to ps2 accordingly.  Also my buddy has the same problem with usb and resigned to using a ps2 mouse as well.  Which worked fine for a couple of reboots, then it (his PS2 mouse!) spontaneously stopped working as well during his session.  The console reported the message "dev/psaux/ don't exist" and reboot reported the same message as well.  He's now using a SERIAL mouse and is keeping his fingers crossed. I talked to him about the expr thing and he's going to try it later tonight.  I'll let you know.

Todd