On Thursday 19 September 2002 09:58 pm, Kenton Groombridge wrote:
> I would really like this icon that keeps coming back on all my users
> desktops to go away.
>
> It is called "Removable media" and it has a cdrom icon.  It started
> after updating some packages about a week or so ago and has been anoying
> me since.  I looked through the init scripts and such but haven't found
> where it is coming from.
>
> It comes back even after deleting it.  All it takes is to log off and on
> again for it to return.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

I'd like to know how to rid myself of this permenantly also - for some reason
if I mount my CD using the icon provided in this "folder" I can't eject my CD
with the right click menu, eject from shell, or the button on the CD/DVD rom.
However if I mount the CD from shell or my own made KDE icon it works fine. I
use my own kernel and fstab, I hate supermount.

--
Jason Straight