Lacy B. Moore wrote:

> Just a shot in the dark....

> Do you have any option in your BIOS about whether or not your OS
> supports Plug & Play?

1.

> If so, is it disabled?

1.

> That caused really
> strange unpredictable results for me running either Mandrake or Redhat
> (not sure the versions).  I just make sure it is disabled from now on.

That BIOS option should really be named "let windoze 95, 98, or ME
mismanage your hardware resources at its whim". Linux isn't designed for
such mismanagement. I have found that on some machines, not enabling
that option can make windoze substantially more difficult to install.

Since no version of windoze has every been installed or booted on this
machine, there has never been any reason to enable it.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                        Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/