mandrakeexpert incident 32544 forwarded to cooker.

when replying, please cc this email address:

sorry no emailaddress is listed in the mandrakeexpert
database for the originator of this report.

----quoted text below----

 pieter78 : 22/09 09:47 : Incident created     Hello,

Tried Mandrake 9 RC3 on my laptop (AMD-K6 II 333MHz, 64mb
ram, 6gb hd, trident 9660 (I thought) videocard 2mb,
ehh...)... had some problems:
1. System won't boot up completely, it stops at line "Freeing
unused kernel memory: 136k freed" (my swap is 400Mb, linux is
only OS)
2. during install, my networkcard (3com 3c589c is not
recognized - pcmcia of course) and no drivers seem to be
available, the 3c59x series don't work
3. during install, my monitor could not be set to 24bit mode,
display remains black then, 16bit works fine

Anyone knows how to continue?

Thx, kind regards, Pieter (NL)

-----end quoted text-----

--