Short Story:
-USB Mouse worked and configured during the install
-USB mouse stopped working on reboot
-I use the mouse configurator and restart X and USB
Mouse works until I reboot

for more info see long story.

Long Story:
I installed RC3 and have a USB Mouse attached to my
Laptop.  Install went great and the mouse worked
during the install and I configured a usb wheel mouse
during install.  After boot though the mouse didn't
work, in fact the light didn't come on on the
mouse(optical Kensington pocketmouse). So I had no
mouse.  I went into the XFConfig-4 file and changed
the :
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
to:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

so I can use the nipple pointer. I restarted X and
logged in and went into the mandrake control center,
used the Mouse configurator, configured the usb mouse
and the light came on in the mouse.  the  mouse didn't
work yet.  I then restarted X and it works ... Until I
reboot and the usb stuff doesn't start.
I check out the usbview program and get error:
"Can not open the file /proc/bus/usb/devices
verify that you have USB compiled into your kernel,
have the USB core modules loaded, and have the
usbdevfs filesystem mounted"

I am not smart so I don't know how to fix this or even
what is happening, but I think it is the USB that
isn't working correctly.