"Robert J. Rossana" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(09/23/2002 16:57)

>I posted a comment last week that menus were screwed up in RC3.  I tried
>update-menus -v as root and it does not complete.  One suggestion that was
>posted in response was that I should hit return to complete the update.  I
>did so and it makes no difference.  This does not happen on my home machine
>where menus appaer as they should.  So there seems to be a problem creating
>KDE menus in RC3.

I've been struggling with a similar issue; I installed RC3 (
reformatting / in the process but not /home) and didn't install some
packages that were installed in RC2. This caused some unexpected
problems in Gnome;

i. The menu items for the RC2 packages that weren't reinstalled were
still there in the RC3 menus but without icons [no surprise there];

ii. update-menus -v didn't remove them;

iii. menudrake didn't show the entries for the deleted packages, so I
couldn't remove them that way.

Because of ii and iii I'm rather at a loss on how to remove the
redundant menu items.

Alastair