Ben Reser wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 12:25:00PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>>What is draksound for? Why isn't the mandrake installer referring to it
>>instead of sndconfig?

> draksound is Mandrake's sound configuration tool.  The installer is
> telling you to use sndconfig because you have an ISA card and draksound
> either doesn't support them or does so poorly (not sure which).

Apparently not at all. I tried to run draksound, and it popped up a message

        if you've an ISA PNP sound card, you'll have to run 'sndconfig'
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                 Matthew 7:12 NIV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/