Hello,

I am not sure if this is a bug (it might be one called my name ;-) ) but
I cannot change Lilo's OS order and default OS. I su'd as a root and
used
> emacs /etc/lilo.conf

I changed the text behind default in "windows" instead of "linux" (if I
don't I might get beaten up by the other family members ;-) ), timeout
set to 40 and I put the win-part (/dev/hdc) at the top of my list
(changed OS name from "nt" to "windows"), it is called "other" by
category, then 3 times an image w/ linux and then "other" for floppy.

However, in the boot menu, nothing has changed, linux still being
default, windows is called nt and not at the top of my list, and timeout
remains 100.

I discovered in the same dir a file lilo.conf~ which has those default
settings, but is read-only, dunnow it that has to do w/ it.

How the heck do I change this permanently? Graphical or terminal, I
don't care... it just has to work.

Thanks in advance,

Pieter