Hello,

 I'm using 5 HP4050N and 1 HP4000N printers.

 At home I use  an HP OfficeJet K80xi.

 In all cases cups-1.1.16-0.4mdk does not handle landscape.

 I'm not sure how to tell which driver I use, but From /etc/cups/ppd/P9.ppd:
*PPD-Adobe: "4.3"
*%
*% "$Id: postscript.ppd,v 1.1.1.1 2000/08/24 19:23:13 goffioul Exp $"
*%
*%   Sample Postscript driver PPD file for the Common UNIX Printing
*%   System (CUPS).
*%
*%   Michael Goffioul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*%
*FormatVersion: "4.3"
*FileVersion:   "1.1"
*LanguageVersion: English
*LanguageEncoding: ISOLatin1
*PCFileName:    "POSTSCRIPT.PPD"

 The landscape/cups problem has been discussed in the cups mailing list.
Here is part of the thread, I think the solution is at the end......