Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

>Linux Autrement <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>>done folks at Mandrake. But why is it not shouted load and clear that
>>Mandrake since at least 8.2 can install straight onto a RAID?
>>

>Before 9.0, detecting current RAID was not supported so it was
>not so good. Now it's even better, yep.

Any tips on how to install using raid ?

I tried this morning with no sucess, so I went back to non raid.

Basically I've got a ASUS A7V133 RAID m/b with 1G ram, althon 1500XP and
two 40G
7200rpm disks. One disk on the main  controller, the other on the
onboard promise controller.

Booted mandrake 9.0 disk #1, partitioned as follows:

/dev/hda1    256M    -    /boot [ext2]
/dev/hda2    24G    -    added to md0
/dev/hda3    1G        swap
/dev/hds4    reat    -    addes to md1

/dev/hde1    256M    -    /tmp [reiserfs]
/dev/hde2    24G    -    added to md0
/dev/hde3    1G        swap
/dev/hde4    reat    -    addes to md1

md0 is mode 0    /
md1 is mode 1    /home

Installed mandrake, went fine, rebooted, failed !

Initially because I had 1G ram it used enterprise kernel, removed 512M
of RAM, reinstalled,
failed at reboot....

If raidtab is on /etc how does bootloader/kernel know about md0 & md1.
Fails to load

Tried a couple of times with no luck

    o    should I boot from the second install CD ?
    o    Do I need the enterprise kernel ?
    o    Should /etc be on /dev/hde1 [ext2] rather than /tmp?

--
Steve