Hi list.

I have successfully rebuilt all modules except for mod_perl for
apache2-2.0.42-2mdk. For now you will find usigned updates at
http://d-srv.com/Cooker/

It has taken some time to get apache2-2.0.42-2mdk working mainly because I
didn't figure out that the libs in srclib/* now uses its own config.layout
files until late today... (!!!)

It has also taken some time because I fiddled a lot with mod_ldap (which is
included from 2.0.41 I belive)..., got it working but chose not to enable it
because it would require ldap sasl and pam libs for the httpd2 binary.
Everything needed to build mod_ldap is commented out with a # in the spec
file. Have a go at this if you like. I did _not_ test functionality I only
tried the status handler. There's _lots_ of work to do here...

J-M Dault or some other guru needs to figure out how to not link the httpd2
binary against openssl and optionally those ldap libs. I belive 2.0.40 did
not link against openssl, only against mod_ssl (and of course ab-ssl)...

Another annoyance is that now when I finally figured out why apr and aprutil
sometimes produced a lib named "-lapr-0" and sometimes without the "-0", that
damn apu-config file doesn't honor this...

[root@foo root]# apr-config --includes --ldflags --libs --link-ld
 -I/usr/include/apache   -lm -lcrypt -lnsl  -ldl -L/usr/lib -lapr-0
[root@foo root]# apu-config --includes --ldflags --libs --link-ld
 -I/usr/include/apache  -L/usr/lib -lgdbm -ldb -lexpat -L/usr/lib -laprutil

[root@foo root]# rpm -ql libapr0
/usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0
/usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0.9.2
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0.9.2
/usr/share/doc/libapr0-2.0.42
/usr/share/doc/libapr0-2.0.42/CHANGES
/usr/share/doc/libapr0-2.0.42/README.dev

This is so annoying and frustrating I'm almost giving up on apache2... I
cannot understand why the ASF people couldn't make this work as apr and
apr-util is so similar...

Regarding mod_perl, I have _no_ idea, but I guess it's easy for J-M or a perl
guru. mod_perl cannot find the apache version as it is now...

+ /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
PREFIX=/home/root/RPM/temp/apache2-mod_perl-buildroot/usr MP_TRACE=1
MP_DEBUG=1 MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr MP_USE_DSO=1 MP_INST_APACHE2=1
MP_APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs 'CCFLAGS=-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe
-mcpu=pentiumpro -march=i586 -ffast-math -fno-strength-reduce -fPIC'
INSTALLDIRS=vendor
Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
   MP_TRACE = 1
   MP_DEBUG = 1
   MP_AP_PREFIX = /usr
   MP_USE_DSO = 1
   MP_INST_APACHE2 = 1
   MP_APXS = /usr/sbin/apxs
mod_perl/1.27 installation detected...ok (installing relative to Apache2/)
!!! Unable to determine server version, aborting.
!!! Invalid MP_APXS specified?
error: Bad exit status from /home/root/RPM/temp/rpm-tmp.98170 (%build)

Chears.
--
Regards // Oden Eriksson
Deserve-IT Networks -> http://d-srv.com